Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Op Ed Feb 8, 2013, 05:09 mag

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 22:04:
I agree with Oro. What could be so revolutionary that it requires 4 cores as standard? Brad, give us a clue (Brad sometimes hangs out here)! And given the lead time it takes to bring these to market, now is the time to get started, no?

I was playing SupCom:FA last night. Such an awesome game. So many tactical and strategic possibilities. Brad, if you read this, maybe you could hire Chris Taylor? He might need a job soon.

BTW, my hat is off to Stardock for keeping the strategy candle burning with games like Fallen Enchantress, Sins, and Gal Civ.

Consider how bogged down SupCom and FA got in late game with a couple thousand units. It becomes almost unplayable at times as units can't figure out how to get where they're supposed to be. Simulation speed drops to a crawl even on current processors. Even to perfect what we had years ago would require a game that could fully utilize a multicore processor. SupCom was only weakly multithreaded, didn't support 64-bit memory addressing, and suffered pretty greatly from both.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo