Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 7, 2013, 20:21 Spektr

Sacrifice wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 12:02:
Most people have an older computer that runs well enough for their needs.

Well the jumps in raw processing power for pcs in the past decades brought about the possibility of making powerful processors the size of a toenail. If Nvidia and the likes weren't contenting with that huge market and they came to bring about new relevant innovation to pc gaming that might lead the leap forward. this said devs are already not using the full power of current hardware.. so manufacturers cant really be blamed... Physx anyone? Well it's a period of maturity instead of innovation and it's q good thing for developers. People who dont buy hardware have a better budget and they have more time to produce polished products. Actually the last game that I remember as potentially pushing techmology was Rage as a card with more than 1k in ram was necessary to get a decent resolution ( in bestcase) and it was received by fans with shotgun shells. So I suppose a golden age of innovation cannot be dictated. As far as tablets go I wouldnt buy one to play games.. I have big fingers and they tend to hide what happens on screen. I wouldnt mind a tablet used as a pc peripheral though. Maybe a small one that replaces the numpad on the keyboard. Maybe devs will start implementing secondary touch interfaces for their games but I hope it's not restricted to win8 rigs.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo