Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 13:24 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:20:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:03:
Borderlands 2 went through the same thing here at Blues and it's a GREAT game.

I think that's just an example of an opinion thing though. I didn't really love Borderlands 2 like you did, I thought it was a good but ultimately flawed game like the original. I really understood and felt some of that negativity was warranted, both sides had very reasonable points. People tend to over exaggerate on the internet so suddenly a small flaw is game crippling and a minor complaint gets you labeled a hater.

As for the rest, I don't really see the issue. No one is trying to stop anyone else from buying this, they are just commenting on what we've seen. If you want to buy it unseen because its Gearbox, hey its your money bro. Personally I am not inclined but I don't begrudge your choices. I hope every game is a great game but unfortunately I've learned to temper my expectations (BRINK!!).

Yes but you also have to realize you're one of the more agreeable and respectful people on here. There are quite a few on here who just approach every discussion on every game in the way Bill O'Reilly does, but in a textual way. If I make my opinion louder and if more people agree with my side then I'm obviously right and more important. This drives away newer people who come to the site from even wanting to comment. It also drives away people like me who are tired of reading the drivel. Having a difference of opinion is one thing, thinking yours is more important is entirely another, and I'm sure if you scroll down there you'll see quite a bit of this.

I entirely agree on the situation of BRINK however, it is a prime example of a game that was ALL hype and nothing else.

I have a very short list of companies who are on my fly list right now, Gearbox happens to be one of them. 2K in general, and Bethesda are the others, more or less they treat customers right and have been releasing quality products, even if buggy they fix it as soon as possible. They have released some of what I consider the top games this past year (Dishonored and X-Com being among them, obviously Borderlands 2 is on this list for me as well) and this earns their respect from me.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2013, 13:33.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo