Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

124. Re: Comments Apr 24, 2003, 10:08 Scott

But gaming magazines put Half Life on the number one spot, yapping about amazing single player and fantastic multiplayer MODS...

Gaming magazines simply cannot get over the fact that there ARE games out there MUCH better than Half Life

For the record, PCGAMER gave it's "Best Game of All Time" award to Half-life in 1999.

I don't remember counterstrike getting #3 but if it did it just goes to show they rated them as seperate games.

We don't know if they have changed their views since then because they haven't released another Top 100 list. I know they've rated other games higher than half-life since (Alpha Centauri comes to mind.)

Half-life was used as a benchmark to rate all other FPS to after it was released. I don't see anyone using Jedi Knight 2 as one.

So, like I said, they better come up with some mindnumbingly fantastic gameplay, or they are going to go down mediocre lane.

This is exactly the reason to be excited about this game. Valve did it before, I don't find it hard to believe they can do it again.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo