Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 7, 2013, 05:37 InBlack

AngelicPenguin wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 16:38:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 16:12:
I liked the new Star Trek as a movie on it's own, but it's a Star Trek blasphemy. They totally destroyed the previous Star Trek legacy. It barely has links, other than character names. It's a dumbed down mindless explosion fest.

I've watched most star trek shows (never saw enterprise) and all the movies, but I wouldn't say I was a rabid fan. I don't even particularly remember the 2009 movie all that well other than it had time travel and young star trek characters (and that I enjoyed it.) What specifically did they destroy? I'm not trying to argue; I'm just curious.

Well for one thing it lacks the grandiose ideas that defined Star Trek, things like a vision of a united humanity, universal Altruism, the search for knowledge, and all the idealistic goodies that defined Rodenberry's vision. Its a utopia, and the movie doesnt even touch on those things. The blatant Nokia commercial almost made me want to throw up.

Dont get me wrong, its an enjoyable movie and I sort of thought it introduced the cast quite well but I was hoping on a more Star Trekky feel which just wasnt there.

I have a nifty blue line!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo