Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 23:00 SectorEffector

frag.machine wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 19:47:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 16:51:
While that portal movie that Danny Trachtenberg made was totally awesome, I don't know that there's enough in Portal to make a movie.

Half Life (1 or 2), on the other hand are basically already storyboarded and would make great movies once adapted into a script. While I think JJ is a great fit (he's a geek of the first order) for something like that, his plate is pretty full for the next decade. Let's run through the list:

Joss: his talent is really with large casts, and HL is a lone wolf story. Still, a top director for this material.

Zack Snyder: excels at action, but I'd want him to cut back on the slo mo.

Michael Bay: As long as he got a good script, an over the top actiony HL could be fun. Thinking more The Rock and The Island, not Transformers.

Neil Marshall: Directed The Descent, would definitely make a tension filled HL movie.

Sam Raimi: A solid choice. Good for this material having done both action and horror.

My number one though?
Chris Nolan: This would be an amazing Half Life movie. Gritty, with the right balance between action and realism.

I'd vote for Neill Blomkamp.

The best answer here.

Even by their nature they are the same.. Amazing with an incredible modest lowbrow attitude.

Fun fact:

Neil made the entire District 9 film including post production for around the same amount Arnold got paid just to STAR in the crap Terminator 3 Film.

Any big name just feels wrong with a company like Valve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo