Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 18:59 Orphic Resonance

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 17:40:
As a Star Trek fan - having watched every episode of every series and every film - I completely disagree. Alternate universes are already established canon and doing so gives him the freedom to reinvent the franchise without contradicting existing canon.

also a fan here, also seen all episodes of all series and movies

and i thought JJs star trek was a piece of shit.. star trek is not "die hard in space!"... the newer one looks better tho

the ending of Fringe was even worse

honestly - the time travel bullshit where someone goes back in time to change something that will "erase" everything that happened previously in the story is such a silly and pointless cliche... its the same thing as if dude had woken up in his bed at the end and said "whoa.... it was all just a dream!"

first of all its really really weak writing, secondly time travel doesnt work like that - you cant "erase" part of the timeline of the universe by going back before a certain event and changing it.. once you leave a timeline, you never come back, you just go on to another one - everything that is left behind goes on from where it is.. otherwise nothing would ever happen to begin with - people dont have their minds calibrated to the correct scale to contemplate these kinds of ideas, its just the modern way of throwing in some "deus ex machina" to a story

JJ needs to get off that shit.. star trek was bad enough - Fringe was pretty good but the last season was a horrible revision of the previous stuff

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo