Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

134. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 6, 2013, 15:57 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 15:38:

I get it, its a hell of a lot harder for a black kid from a shitty neighborhood to not get caught up in all the negative influences around them, but acting like they're owed something, isn't something I agree with. Life's fucking hard, wear a god damn helmet.

They are owed the same opportunities as you are which many do not get. I don't know how you reconcile your philosophy with society as a whole, the bootstraps individuality thing is fine but only goes so far, there are sometimes inherent advantages and disadvantages at work outside of a persons control.

Acting like everyone can live the American Dream if they just work harder isn't realistic, quite often hard work and education are divorced from success. People coast on nepotism, personality, background, looks and many other factors. Not all of those things are equal for all races either.

So while I don't think anyone is really "owed" anything extra, I do think that the playing field isn't always level and might never be. Sometimes I think we've come so far in my lifetime then I see a level of bigotry that is disturbing (even on the comments here as an example) and makes me worry.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo