Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Jon Shafer's New Studio Announces At the Gates Feb 6, 2013, 14:51 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 14:26:
I haven't looked at their KS, but let's assume 5K of their donations go into rewards. And then Amazon/KS take another 5K. That leaves 30,000 dollars for a 3 person team, so that's 10K a pop. (and here's an interesting question: Does the IRS want their share? Because I'm going to assume they do?)

Unless these guys are supported somehow, that means they can work about 3 months on the game before they're out of money on normal salaries. We haven't even spent a dime on actual software or anything, yet. That's purely just to keep 3 guys tapping away on a keyboard.

So yeah, again, I don't have much faith this can get made for 40K. Obviously I could be wrong, if they are able to work on this without drawing salaries for themselves it can go a long way, but judging by where this guy came from, I'd say he's a full-time programmer. So he's going to need money to keep going.

They aren't going the "pay lots of money for rewards" route, so that's out.

But my expectation is that they are putting some of their own money in. Or, rather, they are paying themselves with their own money. If they were trying to completely support themselves with just 40K, yeah, I'd be extremely skeptical - it's just not feasible. But for that reason, it also seems unlikely that's the situation.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo