Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Jon Shafer's New Studio Announces At the Gates Feb 6, 2013, 14:31 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 14:24:
edit: Did I mention Wildman isn't going to make it?

The whole Wildman saga baffles me. Chris Taylor is a smart guy, and yet he doesn't seem to understand why his Kickstarter is failing. He keeps saying in interviews that the numbers for his Kickstarter are off by a magnitude, when he compares it to other KS. (and even that is odd, because he keeps mentioning Molyneux, and his numbers are about the same as Molyneux's were.)

Every KS he's talking about is a KS for bringing life back to an old, beloved franchise. Wasteland, Shadowrun, Baldur's Gate-style RPG, Populous.

And he comes up with some weird hybridization of DOTA/RTS/Diablo, fires his entire studio, makes it clear that the money is needed just to keep his studio alive, has repeatedly said that even if they get the 1.1 million, he doesn't really know if they will be able to finish the game with it, and somehow he is surprised that his KS isn't catching on fire.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo