Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 6, 2013, 11:25 Creston

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 08:23:
Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 21:57:
Which version of Realistic Lighting are you using? I'm pretty sure that the 4.xx version doesn't actually work nice with Climates of Tamriel... (at least, I read a comment to that effect.)

Also beware that UFO causes quite a few crashes.

Creston

I'm using the 4.xx version, if you install it, then download the manual version of CoT and load everything except the dungeons and interiors ESP's they work great together. Really gives it an ultra realistic feel, nights are super dark, light sources and shadows are really amazing. Thanks for the UFO info, i'll deff keep an eye out on it, wasnt totally sure about it but i thought i'd give it a try.

Here is the RLO + CoT Load Order

As for my remark about the workshop being garbage. Its just my opinion of it, i've had a lot of problems of subscribing to a mod, it never indeed downloading. Plus the limited size means you have limited options. Also since there's a few mods that are on the nexus that arent on the workshop, and you have much more control over them (such as loading RLO and CoT peices together). As far as NMM being in "beta", ya thats just a word. It works wonderfully and i've never had a problem with it. Again this is just my experience, personally i like the more control.

Alright, I think I may add CoT then. Thanks.

As for the NMM being in "beta", yeah, that's just because they're still improving it and fixing the occasional bug. Simply going by functionality, if you want to call the NMM a beta, then the Steam Skyrim Workshop is an experimental pre-pre-Alpha.

There mere idea of using multiple mods and having no control over load order is insanity. I'm sure there are some few lucky souls who have no issues, but in general it's begging for a truly fucked up game. (And now that I think about it, those people probably DO have issues, they just don't realize that half the mods they installed aren't working because they are being overwritten by other mods.)

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo