Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3 Feb 6, 2013, 08:08 pagb

Quinn wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 05:14:
pagb wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 05:05:
robdot wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 02:19:
Im a console gamer who reads blues every day. All you guys ever do is bitch. And talk about all the games your not gonna buy. You endlessly whine about anti pirate techniques while you pirate every thing you can. pc gaming is dead. pc's are dead. no one even makes pc's any more. and no one makes pc games any more, and no one cares.My ps3 plays in 3d on my 60 inch plasma. Book stores are gone. Music stores are gone. Time moves on. Very soon publishers will stop making ports for you to steal ,or bitch about, or declare you wont buy.
About the piracy bit... Are you conscious that console versions are pirated up to two weeks before launch (if not more in some cases), while in PC we have to wait for the binaries to be unlocked (that's launch hour), right? Most of the time the piracy excuse is pure bs.

Please, everyone, I beg.. listen to my advice:

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS
It's not like I wanted to, nor I want to defend piracy... but in my recent case pirates won. I am playing DS2, which I purchased as a retail copy a couple months ago, I unsealed it, and added the cdkey successfully to Origin. Last weekend I downloaded it from there, fired it up, and the online activation poped in (really?! the Origin version? ok, nvm), I copied/pasted the cdkey from Origin several times, and guess what? "Invalid serial number", copied it from the retail box "Invalid serial number"... sent a ticket to EA, got automated response telling me to call them by phone. Looked for a crack, happily playing since then. Quite ironic, and it's not the first time I have to do it to be able to play a legit copy...

Well, it has nothing to do with the fact I was stating above, but adds... Steam is doing a good job fighting pre-launch piracy... And developers should stfu and try with decent copy protection before saying bs about PC, I don't know about now, but last month there wasn't a 100% working crack for Football Manager 2013.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2013, 08:20.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo