Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: TTimo: id Feb 6, 2013, 02:18 Krizzen

I'm really curious of the future of id tech 6. From what I've gathered, there's a possibility it will take serious advantage of multicore processors, something many games struggle with now. Also, the multicore nature of ray tracing and voxels lends itself well to the upcoming headmounted displays, like the Oculus rift. This is because a higher refresh rate can be achieved by dividing the display into blocks -- perfect for parallelization.

In the gaming world, this stuff is probably way off in the future, like 1-5 years. Still, id software becoming a console bitch makes me curious what will happen to the Tech 6 IP. Does Zenimax or Bethesda have any stake or is it strictly Carmack's? That is, could he perchance take the IP to Valve?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo