Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 19:58 eRe4s3r

On the other hand, there aren't many countries in the world that started 2 world wars.... call it a slow dying German quirk (the same reason our government is still being completely stupid on where to send military aid) You shouldn't forget that those in charge in politics now are still DEEPLY engrained with the whole war cause thing and grew up during the cold war (which was very very cold indeed at the East/West border / post war era that defined them where it was taught in schools that Germans need to somehow feel guilty. This has changed nowadays but the teens and tweens and young adults are not in charge, yet. So yeah, sometimes the German "Index" is pretty damn stupid. But more often than not, I can MOSTLY agree with what's actually denied classification. Dead Island is a good example. That game glorifies violence as MAIN element of the game. And such games are simply taboo here, like nipples and saying fuck are in the state. And for the record, the only reason Dead Island is not playable in Germany is because the publisher was retarded and used Steam as DRM method. And Steam has no age verification system (which it would need to actually sell Mature games in Germany) So steam is to blame on why some games are unavailable that are not on the index, as I said many times before.

But Germany has so many internal problems that I am not expecting this to change anytime soon. A government that changes this, would likely have to be the pirate party (whenever they get a clue how to be a party, that is) with at least 30% of the votes.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo