Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: Notch Backtracks on Psychonauts 2 Support Feb 5, 2013, 19:14 007Bistromath

cento wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 16:06:
15-25mil is COMPLETELY inline with any kind of AAA console title.
I feel like we really need a good definition of AAA if we're going to swallow that. Psychonauts was excellent, and it was beautiful, and there needs to be more of it... but it did not feel at all like a big-budget game. It vastly outstrips other things that usually have the AAA label applied to them in terms of artistry and fun, but didn't feel like it had nearly the same level of polish. And that's fine. Polish is massively overrated, and hideously overpriced.

Knowing that it will carry the outstanding Double Fine flavor that they practically seem able to convey with two pencils and a ball of string, I'd much rather have a cheap Psychonauts 2 than wait 'til the end of never for a fancy expensive one.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo