Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 5, 2013, 14:34 SimplyMonk

Verno wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 13:56:
It's obvious that half the company still wants to make movies and the other half wants to make games, too bad the first half hasn't figured out that they can't make money doing that anymore.

Yeah. They had their chance to be a movie company and blew it big time. I liked a number of visual elements from the Final Fantasy movie, but the characters, dialog and plot were complete garbage. It will still be a few more years, if ever, before I think they can convince the investors that it is worth another go of it. Hopefully next time they just go with something more like "Advent Children". Not spectacular, but solid even if it did require you play FF7 to know what was going on.

I hear you about the iPhone stuff. Even so, I still fell for getting Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. In some ways I'm a little glad that they aren't moving heavy in terms of the old IP because it means they can't depress me with bad releases and they stay good in my memory.

Chrono Cross wasn't as good as Chrono Trigger. FFT: Advanced 1 & 2 were sad when compared to the original in both game play and more so in story. All the successors to Secret of Mana have been garbage, although I think I missed one or two. Maybe they just realized that after a few failed attempts to recapture what made the originals so golden, they should just leave things alone.

The Final Fantasy series is the exception to that, but then again it has always been more a a tech/concept demo series than a coherent progression. Maybe 20 years from now they will release FF: Omega incorporating into it all the good elements from every single FF game ever made and completely blow our minds.... or not.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo