Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 4, 2013, 13:17 Axis

Panickd wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 11:20:
Verno wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 11:13:
Hardcore gamers drive the market, casual users are fickle and often just along for the ride. The Wii is probably the greatest example of that.

Remember when the Wii came out and everyone was wondering why Nintendo was selling it at a profit while Sony and Microsoft were selling their consoles at a loss? At the end of the day the Wii sold more consoles than either of the others and Nintendo made money on every one and made money on whatever games were sold for those consoles. Call it what you want but that seems like a net win for Nintendo. Plus they have somehow convinced their idiot fanboys that digital purchases should be tied the the console they were purchased on thereby making them buy the same games over and over again. And dumb as it may sound, it does happen.

The Wii sells because it's the best 'casual' console for all ages.

Not to mention it offers hardcore PC gamers like myself a break from all the epeen teens in the xbox community.

And I don't know anyone who bought the same console game twice BUT I do know a bunch of idiots who buy the same game on different platforms...

Yours truly,

Axis

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo