Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: Omerta Feb 4, 2013, 03:36 FalconerHG

Yup, this is the review.

Impressed is perhaps a bit too strong a word, but I'm definitely very positive about the game. Omerta is different from the mold and while I was playing it, I already had a feeling that it would not please everyone.

I think that is mostly because expectations. I've been getting a little ticked off seeing other reviews make statements like "The idea sounded so good, a city builder with XCOM-style combat...". Just because Haemimont did a couple of city builders, Omerta is one? And XCOM is in a league of its own. Kalypso never advertised either of these things and Omerta was never meant to be either.

And of course "expectations" formed earlier than those reviews. Personally I too was hoping for a big map, and I was hoping for more RTS play, just like you. My own expectations (or hopes) were that this would be like Gangsters: Organized Crime. It took me an hour or so to shake that idea.

After I managed that, I could judge the game on its own merits and really started enjoying it. I really did want to play more when I finished the game, which means a lot to me when I score.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo