Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Steam in Hot Water in the EU? Feb 2, 2013, 05:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Dev wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 00:25:
By "pretty sure" I mean that I haven't bothered to look at all the countries outside of the one I live in. EU is a mix of country and EU laws. If YOU want to research it for other countries feel free.

One of the ones I have heard about is germany. I've heard that in germany, it could potentially be if its agreed to before purchase. Steam asks you to agree before purchase.
Then it's always a good thing that you should probably look up the case law before opening your mouth isn't it? Otherwise you wouldn't know what you're talking about, much like you have in all of your previous posts including this one. Or how the harmonization of laws and regulations across the EU impacts this, though interpretation of said regulations and laws at a country level differ based on each countries own case laws and precedents.

So, regardless of whether or not steam "asking" you anything. A "click through" is not considered anymore valid than "shrink wrap". Another reason why steam had to setup a satellite in the EU,and another in Estonia.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo