Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 11:09 sauron
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:31:
Question for our friends across the pond in Britannia. Yesterday I heard an English chap refer to makeup as "slap" - he said, 'She looks pretty good without the slap.' Now I know woman always say 'Let me slap on some makeup.' But I've never heard someone refer to it that way before. Do people in Britain actually refer to it as that?

I'm originally from London although I've been in NYC for 15 years. Never heard it called that in either city. Sounds like fake cockney slang, unless the guy's genuinely from East/South London.

A slapper, on the other hand, is a lady of questionable virtue and/or appearance. That one's used all over the south of England, usually by greasy youths in dodgy nightclubs (as in 'I don't like yours much... proper slapper').

Avatar 8692
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.


Blue's News logo