Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 1, 2013, 10:52 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:17:
I'm so tired of this BS. This is what I posted to HuffPo.

Hogwash. You people need to read more history. I'm a historian so that gives me an advantage in this matter. The universe is a violent place, period. Evolution is predicated on killing. Hell, even plants and trees do it. We all grew up with Bugs Bunny and pals. Ho many of you ever dropped an anvil on someone's head or bashed it in with a frying pan?

And prior to that we had books - including the bible which is rife with violence. Prior to books we had oral tradition which told stories about great battles of old and violent heroes. Just take a quick look at the list of battles by casualties on Wikipedia and tell me that somehow we're more violent now than we were then. Fact is, we're a hell of a lot less violent and violent crime has been going down for decades now. But why let the facts stand in the way of sensationalist claims? There isn't one single study that proves video games create violent people. In fact most legitimate studies show the exact opposite to be true. They help people blow off steam in a harmless way. Much like you might imagine shooting your boss. It's one thing to dream about it and another to do it.

If anything is dangerous, it's the culture of pervasive paranoia and the hero-warrior culture being cultivated in America that are the real dangers. And this manufactured consent is done by the military-industrial complex to ensure a stead supply of enemies and profits. Why do these marines never once speak to the fact that soldiers have the duty and obligation to ask if what they're doing is moral. And that being the case how has any American soldier since WWII ever justified his participating in the invasion of other sovereign nations? I don't see any concern for these common place practices that smack of hegemony, not liberty.

There are always going to be crazy people. And there are always going to be angry people who get pushed beyond their breaking point. We all have them and whether you've ever played a video game or not at that point won't make a single iota of difference.

Exactly. Adding guns into the mix only makes the whole fucking situation more volatile. People keep mentioning how guns are their right, because they will protect them from an opressive government.

WAKE THE FUCK UP? Do you really think that handguns and rifles will protect you from armored APCs, gunship helicopters, micro drones, tanks, and the whole combined might of the US military if push comes to shove???

I have a nifty blue line!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo