Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Console Grand Theft Auto V in September Jan 31, 2013, 15:41 ItBurn

Kosumo wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 15:24:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 14:37:
It's not being elitist. Games on PC are almost always of much higher quality. I want to put my money on higher quality products, so I get more of them. I personally never understood why people accept low resolutions, shitty textures and horrible aiming on consoles. I find this MUCH worse as a gamer and also as someone who cares about the future of gaming and general progression...

I beg to differ with you as to weather you are an elitist - 80% of what you just wrote is elitist.

Good game is a good game be it with low resolutions, shitty textures and horrible console control or not.

A gamer likes games - not shiney graphics and uber frame rates (which are nice, but don't always make amazing games.

I never claimed that graphics make a game...

Having shitty textures does prevent you from seeing what is what and it also is bad for immersion. I stopped playing Zelda Twilight Princess because there was a puzzle that I couldn't figure out because of the low resolution. Turns out I had to use an object on two red pixels who turned out to be a bird. There was no way of knowing, and it would have been obvious which item to use if I saw the bird.

Mouse controls to aim is also a major factor that has nothing to do with graphics. Why in the hell aim with a gamepad when it's just so much better, faster and more natural with a mouse.

I just gave a few quick examples. You can add mods to the list. But anyway, why would wanting to play the better version of a game be elitism? You know, you can buy the cheap no-name cereal brand. It'll look the same as the real deal, but if you'd taste both of them, the no name one would taste worse. Are you an elitist if you prefer to buy the real thing?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo