Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 12:00 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 02:33:
jimnms wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 23:13:
Can we please get these old senile fuckers out of congress and get some term limits!

I know right? Seeing Kerry retire after 29 years and talk about how the Senate isn't broken is laughable at best. I've never understood how the prez can only have 2 terms but the sky is the limit for everyone else. Forget spending caps by lobbyists and everything else before term limits are discussed. Forget six years too. It should be a max of two four year terms. Then you might see some stuff actually getting done.

And even less would get done in that short a time period. The wheels of government move slowly and inefficiently, 8 years I could see but even then lobbyist aren't going to stop lobbying.

If the politicians on both sides of the fence would stop playing bipartisan games you'd see stuff get done, though at the rate Obama and Boehner are going, both acting like spoiled babies, I don't see much getting done til either Obama is out or someone with enough charisma and leadership skills gets these two embarrassments of political parties to actually work together, and I'll tell you right now, it won't be Obama who does that, he's proven over the last 4 years he has no desire to work with the republicans, and I think in turn republicans aren't really willing to work with him either. Which is pathetic on both parties imo.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo