Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: Morning Q&As Jan 31, 2013, 11:41 Creston

2nd_floor wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 11:25:
Apple has overall been on a decline recently, I don't know exactly how many months now (6+ maybe), it was just in the newspaper and news, that they are seemingly not doing so well anymore.

It's just investor bullshit. Apple's growth is slowing because it is simply impossible for a company that large to keep growing 30% year over year. And once the growth stops, the investors bail, causing the stock to drop.

That said, Apple has never been big on games beyond the phone/casual space, and I'm not sure why Gabe suddenly sees Apple becoming this big player in the game industry.

Valve have enjoyed incredibly, their own very much closed system of Steam for years now, and only when they feel threatened by Microsoft's closed system in Windows 8 do they complain about somebody else's closed system. Now they know what it's like when somebody tries to control how you do things!

There's quite a difference between Steam's "closed" system and Microsoft's closed system. You have plenty of alternatives to Steam. That most/all of them suck is not Valve's fault.

Microsoft wants EVERYTHING for Windows to ONLY be sold through their own store, exactly like Apple does.

Comparing the two is like comparing oranges to a drillbit. :p

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo