Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: Morning Q&As Jan 31, 2013, 11:25 2nd_floor

Doesn't Android outsell iPhone/iOS right now, and has maybe ever since it was released? Apple has overall been on a decline recently, I don't know exactly how many months now (6+ maybe), it was just in the newspaper and news, that they are seemingly not doing so well anymore. And there are now two Android consoles under development. But can Android really run the games that X360, PS3 and PC can run? I guess it's the hardware that is important.

I wouldn't even associate Apple with gaming (or the living room). I have never seen a commercial for Apple TV (is it popular?), or anything Apple in the living room. I guess some people do, interesting. Maybe casual gaming on iPhone and iPad, but for serious/hardcore gamers, X360, PS3, Windows on PC are the big ones, no? X360 Kinect did really well for Microsoft in the living room, it was huge in fact I think! What does Apple have that will compete in the living room right now? Any rumors? How many games on Steam are available for Mac? Macs have never been knowing for gaming, but rather graphic editing.

I have read that consoles may be on the way out, they are not profitable. Microsoft has lost $3 billion getting XBox and XBox360 into the market, and Sony has lost $5 billion. I think this means that losses are greater then profit, and so at the end of the day, consoles require billions of dollars from the companies' other products' profit! Is this really going to continue? Is Valve prepared to lose this kind of money? It is not nearly as big as Sony or Microsoft!

"Open source Steam", haha, that's a good one! From a company that has never touched open source, now they are suddenly promoting it and regard it highly when they see financial/market gain in it. Valve have enjoyed incredibly, their own very much closed system of Steam for years now, and only when they feel threatened by Microsoft's closed system in Windows 8 do they complain about somebody else's closed system. Now they know what it's like when somebody tries to control how you do things! But Blizzard does it too, I thinks it's funny that Valve complained about Microsoft when they felt threatened, when they themselves are very much closed and happy about it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo