Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: U.S. Senator: Jan 31, 2013, 11:24 Panickd

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 10:04:
Maybe there should be a age cutoff for running for office? How about some sort of common sense testing?

I think having common sense would tell you not to run for a political office at all. It defies common sense to open yourself up to the kind of personal attacks (based in fact or not) that anyone running for national office has to deal with. I don't know how many people I have heard now that ran for a senate seat or for congress against an incumbent who came back and said, "if I had known how tough it was going to be and the kind of campaign that would be run against me I never would have even tried." Only people completely lacking in any common sense at all would want to try and endure that more than once.

And supposing you win, what then? You're just a small fish in a huge pond filled with other fish that don't have the sense not to eat that worm with the giant pointy hook protruding from it. So good luck getting anything done.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo