Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: TERA Subscription-Free Next Week Jan 30, 2013, 16:46 Alamar

CutterZane wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 11:15:
It's definitely a good-looking game for a MMO but in terms of gameplay (combat aside), it's horribly antiquated - if you can grind through the endless "kill 'x' monsters" and "collect 'y' items" quests, you have more patience and time to burn than I do. It just seems odd for a game that only made its mark in recent years that it recycles MMO conventions that got stale about a decade ago instead of trying something a little more innovative.

The problem with this kind of griping (that's apparently been going on for a decade), is that I don't know if it's true or not...

Mainly because you have many many levels of tolerance (or if you prefer, interest) to questing, and I can't tell if this game just has lots of typical quests, or that it's really grindy...

For example, I see the same complaints about every new MMO, including WoW expansions, and I disagree, so I don't know if the game is grindy or just has lots of quests : )

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo