Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: TERA Subscription-Free Next Week Jan 30, 2013, 16:39 saluk

WoW questing wasn't innovative exactly, but it was a different design focused on questing that hadn't been pushed in that way. It marked a clear boundary between mmos which tried to immerse you in a freeform environment, and more accessible mmos which felt more like single player rpgs. It attempted and largely succeeded to eliminate moments where players think to themselves, "hmm, I'm not sure what to do now, maybe I should log off".

That model's been taken to such an extreme, now players think "Oh game, you want me to do X? Stop being so bossy! I'm going to log off."

You could eliminate many of the WoW quest problems with design without changing the systems up like GW2 by the way. Less repetitive quests, less chains, easier access, more flexible turn-ins etc. XP for healing people...

Tera does not do this It's one of the worst uses of WoW's questing model I've seen. Even the combat didn't impress me, it felt like it was trying to be both a hotbar system and a realtime system without being great at either.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo