Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: TERA Subscription-Free Next Week Jan 30, 2013, 15:19 Yakubs

KS wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 11:26:
The quest system wouldn't be so bad if people could easily share quests. Unfortunately, it adheres to a rigid prerequisite system where almost every quest is a step in a long chain.

So you can only share a quest if that person has done the immediately previous quest, which is never the case.

Basically you have to arrive at an outpost with quests at the exact same time as someone else.

This exacerbates the need for soloability, thus dumbing down the game, making the online group feature even more irrelevant.

The fun is in groups -- why do these games do this? As de facto single-player games, they are terrible.

Well, it's very difficult to make a dynamic and fun grouping system, is why. I mean, look at a game that went the opposite direction - Guild Wars 2. Their idea of "quests" are showing up at Heart locations on the minimap and doing the very same "kill x" or "gather y" quests that suck in any other game -- the only difference being you're automatically cooperating with other people in the same area.

I don't really know of an MMO that has an innovative quest system since WoW.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo