Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 11:04 Creston

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 09:48:
I can't think of anything I've seen on Youtube that I'd pay for - but maybe a few things would pop up if the option was there.

I can also see a bunch of butt-hurt content creators making their channels pay-only just to discover that the "fans" they thought they had were only fans when everything was free.

There are actually a few people who create stuff that's cool enough to pay for, but right now these guys (or in some cases: girls) already make money off the advertising-kickback feature. And I somehow seriously doubt that they'd make MORE money off a subscription feature, because like you said, the large majority of their fans would not pay for their content.

Even so, eh, I don't blame Google for trying to find more ways to make money off Youtube. I just hope that at the same time they'll do something about the bandwith, because it's been pretty poor lately.

There will still be about 900 trillion free videos on Youtube, so no need to worry.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo