Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeonland Jan 29, 2013, 23:39 Flatline

Frijoles wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 22:21:
After watching a couple Let's Play of this... I have no idea what it is. Neither did the reviewers. They seemed to be enjoying themselves though.

It's basically a co-op ARPG. There are 3 classes, and you can unlock a total of 4 jobs per class. There are weapons and armor suits and potions and skills and perks to unlock.

You run around and kill mobs, 3 players at a time. Everyone gets the loot equally, and everyone heals on picking up healing, and there's a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor.

Visually, it looks like a board game. Specifically, a happier, goofier version of Descent. The map is made up of cardboard tiles, and you'll run by giant polyhedral dice.

Think of it as a graphically updated Castle Crashers, without the apparent insanity of that game (granted, I only played for about 20 minutes on the copy a friend gifted me).

The humor is very dark and tongue-in-cheek. Think Dungeon Keeper 2, though questionably not of that quality.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo