Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Q&A Jan 29, 2013, 11:45 eRe4s3r

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 09:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 00:01:
Yeah I don't agree with him because while it *does* cause distortion it also causes me nausea. So if a game deadlocks the fov to 60 (Syndicate, Darkness 2, Bioshock) it's not subjective that I get sick within 30 minutes.

So I don't give a damn what the reasons are. Deadlocked FOV is a stupid decision and an attack on my health.

And I said we should have the option. What I also said was, don't act like everyone is like you.

But what made you think I acted that way? It's nice for you that a low fov does not bother you, but the post by you I originally quoted did not specify whether you were for having the option. Rather it sounded you were belittling people complaining about deadlocked FOV as people who just need to get "used to it"... And for me, and many many others, the option and lack of said option is a HEALTH issue, not an artistic choice a developer has the RIGHT to make. Unless he likes making people sick but even if he likes that, that is not a right a developer has.. maybe I should sue them.... And so far every single developer that deadlocked the fov has received an email by me "Why are you making us intentionally sick with a forced low FOV" where I detailed every single research and health related article related to this topic.

So far, I haven't got a response where it was an issue (obviously I kept it not argumentative and flamy ;P) (Star Breeze and Digital Extremes particularly really don't give a shit, so these companies suck.)

Anyhow, point is... for Bioshock Infinity it is a moot discussion, they got Fov slider. Thankfully. But there are many games with deadlocked FOV which are unplayable or at least only barely enjoyable to quite a few people.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo