Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 29, 2013, 04:24 Jerykk

Orogogus wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 03:30:
It sounds weak, but on the other hand I feel the PC gamers' expectations are unrealistic. DirectX11 support would be nice, I guess, but a high resolution texture pack was simply not in the cards; Dead Space isn't Skyrim or Half Life 3. The first game ran up to 2048x1536, so it's not like it was locked at 720p. The "further graphical enhancements" Blue editorialized about last time usually translates as PhysX effects, which aren't super common. I don't really know what people are expecting from a game not in the AAA megablockbuster class.

Higher-res PC textures are growing increasingly common these days. Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution, Metro 2033, Max Payne 3, Bioshock: Infinite, Crysis 2, Crysis 3... if EA wants DS3 to sell better on PC, they need to put more effort into it (and give it the post-release support that was lacking with the first two games).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo