Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Morning Previews Jan 28, 2013, 17:39 Tom

I marathoned this game fairly hardcore over the weekend after just learning of it last week. Played through the 3 acts on normal, started cruel difficulty. It's a great game! People like it because it is FUN and innovative. These guys actually put some thought into the game design. They "get it", unlike the folks (designers) who made Diablo 3. All those times when you said "ok I'll cut you some slack Blizzard, since Diablo 2 was so good and the world is different now"? In PoE that's replaced with the feeling of "THIS is how it should've been!" And also "WOW this is new and different and awesome!"

These guys spent 6 years in development and it shows. They weren't screwing around. They made intelligent design decisions. And they went with a bold business model: this is the least P2W out of any major F2P games I've seen yet. When they say "ethical microtransactions", they mean it. The game is free and basically supported by donations. In Tribes Ascend you can pay to unlock classes and weapons. In League of Legends you can pay to unlock characters. So what about PoE? The ONLY gameplay-relevant thing you can pay to unlock is extra space for your stash. And it's not like they squeeze you there either - you get 4 tabs for free and they are large. It's enough space to easily store a whole bunch of potential items for several different characters or builds.

Anyway... The negativity exhibited around here towards this game so far is just proof that Blue's regulars will crap all over ANYTHING no matter how good it is. To anyone who is wondering about this game... Just try it and see for yourself. If you like computer-based ARPGs you will probably love it. It's amazing that it's free.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo