Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2013, 15:30 Cutter

Freeze the chili and ragu. It's good for months, though the sooner consumed the better. When I make a sauce or stew or the like I always consume half and freeze the other half for the following week or week after but it doesn't stay in there too long. You can also freeze any cooked meat though fowl works best. If I have parts of a carcass and meat left over from a chicken or turkey I'll toss it in the freezer to make soup/stew out of it.

I've always found that freezing cooked meat - unless it's already basting in something like a sauce - won't taste as good on it's own so needs to be used in stuff like soups, tacos, sammys, etc. It's the best way to be thrifty. Just make sure to double wrap foil or cling, then into freezer bags.

You can also dehydrate stuff like ragus. Check Youtube to see how to make full on freeze dried meals - spaghetti and meat sauce, almost anything - it's really cool actually. This is a great little food dehydrator with which you make freeze dried meals, jerked meat and dehydrated fruit. They kick ass! So much cheaper and healthier. And again tons of instructional vids on Youtube.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo