Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 28, 2013, 00:27 Jivaro

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 21:04:
Dev wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 12:29:
And what magic crystal ball is showing you

wouldnt you like to know?

but anyways, havent you ever heard of "market saturation"?

look it up sometime

If there was such thing as market saturation with zombies....it would have happened a long time ago. They seem to simply go from popular to ridiculously popular and then back again. Books, movies, tv, games...all of it. Same with vampires, anti-hero cops, etc etc. Some things only go "so far" out of style.

If the game is good and they release during a smart time of year the game will sell just fine. If this was a game about killer bell-bottom jeans and giant head eating cans of hairspray, then perhaps they would have to worry about missing a popularity window of some sort.

Zombie game or not, I think survival games are only starting to carve out their niche in the gaming market. I am not a fan personally, but it sure seems like a lot of people like the gameplay style. It continues to astonish me the amount of "cold weather realism" mods for Skyrim, as an example. I personally don't see the fun in having to worry about death by hypothermia, but going by downloads and endorsements on Nexus it sure seems like there are plenty of people who really dig that element being added to gameplay. Zombies or not.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo