Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

82. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 27, 2013, 13:15 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 18:17:
Hehe, I browsed the list, found I know all of the (windows) ones.. how sad. I wish there was a proper (science fiction) space and planetary base simulation. Like.. ehm what was it called... Startopia? Just much larger in scale.
There's that prototype that doublefine just finished making. Push for that to become a full game
entr0py wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 18:37:
Seems like whoever wrote those terms was afraid of bad publicity caused by exploits before release. And they're right to be; one consequence of making the game online only is that customers will get irritated by cheats and hacks.

But actually following through with a universal ban for screwing around in a beta test would cause far more bad press then it prevents. I think it's an empty threat.
Well if you are willing to take that chance with your main origin account, go for it. I'd much rather create and use another account.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo