Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

45. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 26, 2013, 09:15 Quboid

Slick wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 21:17:
honestly i have to stop reading the comments section on this website, it's just too depressing.

i'm really excited for this game. lord have mercy, saying this on a video game website is sure to net me a lot of hate i know, but goddamnit with every bit of media that comes through the cracks i get more and more excited. (i probably secretly work for EA)

i'm only worried as to stability issues if you read the kotaku article, but i have faith it'll all work out, this will be bigger than the sims. But i can see launch day being iffy at best.

the way this real simulation engine works is just awe-inspiring, seems to have something i've always thought missing from other "city builders". been playing some anno 2070 lately, and it just can't hold my attention. this new cim city looks like crack, i'm going to love whole weeks of my life to this game i can tell.

also, to all the haters on here, buzz off, no one wants to hear your anti-ea hyperbole bullshit nonsense. it's an article about how the lead visual designer has made modes to help people who are colorblind. and yet somehow you spin this into OOH EVIL EA STRIKES AGAIN! NOBODY CAN SAVE THIS FROM EA EVIL BLA BLA BLA. dumb-ass rhetoric. you guys really do make yourselves out to be knobs when you can't even stick to the issue at hand.

Obama is trying to get uninsured people access to healthcare, HE'S HITLER! OMG ITS COMMUNIST STALIN! IT'S HITLER-STALIN! OMGOMGOMG seriously take a deep breath and come at me with some reasoned logic and tempered reason, and you'll have an audience, until then flock off.

Jesus, Slick, give it a rest. I'm trying to put a more positive spin on things and you're talking so much bullshit that you make me look bad by association!

I like the simulation detail from what I've read but awe-inspiring? That's hyperbole bullshit nonsense, even more than the anti-EA stuff - and I'm typically defending EA here, not because I like them but because I don't hate them quite as much as some and think complaining about them wanting money to be bizarre. (Complaining about how they go about doing this I understand.)

EA deserves masses of stick. Not as much as they get, but still a lot. Simcity clearly has issues which are a concern, or which at least should be a concern. People here very much *do* want to read anti-EA stuff and no, this won't be bigger than The Sims. Better, I'm confident, but not bigger. Also, it's not an article about colour blindness, it's an article about colour blindness and region play and several previews - i.e. about every aspect of the game. It is not, however, an article about Obama. Reasoned logic? Did you find my earlier post to be unreasonable or illogical?

I don't think you're being paid by EA, because if you were, you'd tone it down. You look more like you're being paid by Anno's publisher (Ubi?) to make Simcity look like it appeals to morons (no, I don't actually think they are!).

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2013, 09:36.

- Quboid

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo