Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 26, 2013, 08:19 Denthor

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 10:17:
The potion system has a pretty big and stupid flaw though. You can't stock up on health once you ran out of it in a boss fight. I guess it is a design choice, but if you used those 4 health and 1 mana you are completely done for. I played up to the boss medusa thing, got her down to half health but here stupid freeze attack... anyway, after that I quit and never intend to come back. The potion system works great against mobs, but if there is only 1 extremely strong enemy you are essentially rolling a dice before the battle even starts. With the random misses (hate that too) and that enemies can interupt a skill attack costing you mana ... not the game for me sadly.

(And yeah, I guess stocking up on stronger healing is a solution to tackle the boss, but that requires grinding, a lot of grinding.

Wow really?? You can just drop a portal and refill flasks in town. What a rant for something that is so easily overcome**. Ya part of the problem if a solution is not readily apparent ya give up and move on

Stock up on Cold resist (20%+ rings avail from vendors) and you probably dont even need to use more than 2 health potions.

**Not sure if you can do that in cruel/merciless or custom maps but def on normal.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo