Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

45. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 25, 2013, 14:41 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 10:17:
Quinn wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 04:04:
My main gripes are that it's too much zoomed in, even at the max distance, and the inventory. I don't understand why it has to be so goddamn small.

Other than that I'm enjoying the game. I've never seen an ARPG where I felt more involved in the quests and story than this one, and that says alot because this one is nothing to write home about. But how multiple NPC's in a town recognize your accomplishment of a single quest completion is something new, and I like it. Why should only Person A recognize I killed this monster who made everyone's life miserable and not Person B and C as well? Good touch right there.

I also love the potion system. It has a special kinda dynamic of its own. I think it's really well balanced.

Last but not least... those chained women at my health and mana orbs, wow. Gotta trigger every straight guy's imagination.

The potion system has a pretty big and stupid flaw though. You can't stock up on health once you ran out of it in a boss fight. I guess it is a design choice, but if you used those 4 health and 1 mana you are completely done for. I played up to the boss medusa thing, got her down to half health but here stupid freeze attack... anyway, after that I quit and never intend to come back. The potion system works great against mobs, but if there is only 1 extremely strong enemy you are essentially rolling a dice before the battle even starts. With the random misses (hate that too) and that enemies can interupt a skill attack costing you mana ... not the game for me sadly.

(And yeah, I guess stocking up on stronger healing is a solution to tackle the boss, but that requires grinding, a lot of grinding.

You need to change your tactics most likely. I know that that boss is a rather tough fight so early in the game, but she's very beatable if you plan ahead a little. Unless you just have a terrible build and terrible equipment, you should be able to beat her. Definitely equip ice resistance rings and equipment. Makes a big difference. Oh, and a flask that can unfreeze you is good too.

Edit: And like Axis said, throw up a portal once you enter her lair so that you can get back in there if you die. With full flasks, btw. It's not an easy game, but it is pretty fun and interesting.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo