Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 25, 2013, 14:00 Panickd

Dev wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 13:00:
I admire them doing something like that for color blind people. And there the admiration stops.

Seriously, EVERY game (video games and board games) should have allowances made for color blind. Its over 10% of the male population. Most of the time its fairly simple too. Like on board games, ticket to ride is a very well designed game for color blind. The tracks and cards have symbols on them. This is something that doesn't impede non-color blind play and most of them miss that each symbol is different for a different color.
And if tweaks to a video game is as simple as offering an optional transform button in the configuration that doesn't impede non colorblind play, why the heck don't more games offer it?

No, I'm not colorblind, but I've seen how things look from the view of those that are.

Battlefield 3 has a colorblind mode that changed the color of the player markers. I used it even though I'm not color blind because it made the symbols pop more and they were way easier to see than the regular ones.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo