Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption Challenges Jan 25, 2013, 13:58 Dev

comment from lori on that update:
For others running Kickstarters, here's where I made my original projection error - I correctly guessed that more than half of our backers would choose the all-digital $20 and $35 tiers. In fact, those two tiers have 4,100 of our 6,100 backers. But I didn't stop to multiply that out. In dollars, those two tiers account for less than $100K of the $409K we raised. More than 75% of the proceeds came from tiers at which a high percentage goes to rewards. Result - Almost $100K in reward expenses, about $35K of which is actually part of the game in the form of paintings, Yearbook images, and so on.

Don't price things so you have to have a certain mix to be profitable. Price each tier so regardless of how many of that tier you sell, you can have a small profit (or at the least break even).
If you can't, thats what the limited quantity options are for.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo