Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption Challenges Jan 25, 2013, 13:37 DrEvil

Dev wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 13:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 13:16:
Yeah, I hope they are able to fulfill their obligations. I only ever subscribe to the digital DL level, I don't need physical stuff. I want the team to focus on making a great game and getting it to me.
Same, and I backed this too. I feel sorry about the stuff not working out, but I also fault them for not planning a bit better, and at the very least having some reserve budgeted for.

Unfortunately, I think we'll see more of this as developers that published games independently decades ago, then through publishers, and are now trying to do it independently again.

The market has changed drastically, and the cost of doing business has dramatically increased.

Corey and Lori Cole in particular are long-time industry veterans, so it doesn't surprise me that they may have underestimated the cost of doing these things. It was also somewhat telling that they fully expected to overfund their project significantly given the environment at the time (a costly mistake).

They were first developing games when the most reliable way to draw graphics was to draw them on graph paper first "pixelated" and then enter the corresponding hex codes for the colors into arrays written to files or compiled into a program.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo