Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Omerta City of Gangsters Demo Jan 24, 2013, 16:16 FalconerHG

Prez wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 16:07:
I am really interested in this. I still fire up "Gangsters" that I got from GOG every so often and still enjoy it. A mob strategy game is a wonderful concept. Yeah, Kalypso has a spotty track record with stabile and finished releases, but barring any complete show-stoppers I can see myself forgiving a whole lot if they get the "Godfather meets XCOM " vibe down. I think I'll wait on reviews instead of trying the demo (I only use demos to try out concepts that I'm on the fence about), but major kudos to them for releasing one at any rate.

Actually, I think most of their releases are pretty good. There are very few titles that are released without any problems at all, but I've played pretty much every Kalypso game to date and have found all to be of good quality upon release. I never played Pegasus, which even Kalypso is more than a little embarrassed (and sorry) about.

You mention XCOM: how long did it take Firaxis to fix that teleportation bug that made classic/ironman ridiculously frustrating to play? And what about that one ship where panning the camera would turn into a psychedelic circus? Kalypso is no better or worse than most respected publishers.

Word of warning though, this is not Gangsters. If you like Gangsters, I think you will like this, but the scope is definitely different. Also don't expect it to be much like XCOM (I mean gameplay, not the setting). It's a very different game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo