Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: SimCity EULA to be Fixed Jan 23, 2013, 20:08 Redmask

Panickd wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 19:02:
It actually is as easy as saying, "if you don't like it don't buy it". That's how companies take notice of whether people are happy with what they are doing. And you assume an awful lot about the design of this game without being privy to the developers thoughts.

I've worked in the industry and given the buying power lecture to many people. I'm sure you've said your piece about things that you aren't always happy about and other people get to do the same. The assumptions are common sense, none of the design elements require a persistent internet connection. It is no way convenient for a designer to put core functionality like production AI on the server side and I know that from experience. Following the producer on twitter even he seems exasperated by having to put some of this stuff into the game but his hands are tied. I would love to believe that these things were gameplay related but the actual features and evidence seems to point to the contrary.

Does that make SimCity an inherently bad game? I hope not, I actually like the series and want it to be the best game it could be but I think the business side of EA is yet again creeping into another classic. The past results haven't been very kind so I don't think I'm just being cynical here. I guess we will have to agree to disagree and let the game speak for itself.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo