Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: SimCity EULA to be Fixed Jan 23, 2013, 18:19 Panickd

Redmask wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 17:58:
I would much rather they fix the game than the EULA, I really don't want to see SimCity shitted up with microtransactions and permanent connection crap. What happened to game sales just being enough? What happened to making a good product and standing behind it? The pursuit of money is all encompassing, there will never be enough, always another embarassing barrier to bust through.

I get it now, this is how old people feel when they talk about the good old days

Just because a developer has designed a game to operate in a way that you don't like doesn't mean that game is broken or in need of being "fixed". No one looks at a game designed to be an MMORPG (Elder Scrolls Online, anyone?) and says, "Always online? Fuck that shit! Remember when you used to be able to play RPGs by yourself? Ah the good old days!"

If you want to play SimCity by yourself SimCity 4 still works (as does SimCity 3000 and SimCity 2000, and hell, even the original with a bit of DOSbox hacking). This SimCity was designed to be played online. If you don't like it, don't buy it and don't play it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo