Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Amazon Adds Microtransactions Jan 23, 2013, 15:02 jacobvandy

Dev wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 12:27:
Verno wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 11:26:
I wish the US would just adopt a harmonized sales tax like many other countries, it would make life for vendors and manufacturers so much easier.
You mean a federal flat sales tax?
I'd go for that instead of an income tax. It would mean EVERYONE would pay SOMETHING in federal taxes, which doesn't happen now. I'd expect to see the total federal revenue to go up.

Of course, every sane, rational person would love that... Unfortunately, such a system will NEVER be put into place so long as the filthy rich misers have control over the government. They got where they are by avoiding paying taxes as much as possible, so if they had to pay 8% on every mansion or private plane or oil rig that they bought, well...

The 40-something percent of Americans that do not pay federal taxes right now, and would have to when they buy groceries, gas, and consumer electronics, are a splash in the ocean compared to the potential revenue of charging the most wealthy a flat rate on everything, too.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2013, 15:07.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo