Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:32 Verno

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:19:
Can you prophetically state for more games to fail? Because GW2 has sold 3+ million copies to date, and quite a few games could use that kind of love fail.

I don't think there's a reasonable argument to be made that it's anything but a success, they sold a lot of copies and have their little cash shop thingie so I don't doubt they made a handsome profit. Most people seemed pretty happy with it overall going by the forums I frequent anyway. It's not my favorite game ever made but I got a very respectable amount of entertainment out of it and never really felt the usual MMO grind kick in.

To be fair though sales aren't the only barometer. I think they could have done more to keep people playing between expansion packs, once you go through the content there isn't much to do if you don't like PVP. Diablo 3 sold 10 million copies and people consider that game to be very disappointing and it's word of mouth is quite poor. I don't think this is really a similar case but of course everyone has their own opinion.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo