Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: SimCity EULA to be Fixed Jan 23, 2013, 12:40 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 11:42:
I don't think I'm too far off from being spot on. Anytime there's a thread about EA shutting down online for 2+ year old titles and old sports games, people whine and cry. Take Two does this all the time sometimes even less than a year after a sports title has been out. Never a peep.

Maybe they just don't play Take-Two sports titles and have no idea. I don't know to say except I think you're wrong and the way you go about doing it is just going to upset people and get you on ignore lists. Posting in every EA related thread isn't going to change anyones mind, especially when you act so abrasive about it and never actually take into account what other people are saying. I've seen people giving you a detailed explanation and you keep posting as if every time is the first time and no one has ever weighed in. You yourself acknowledge that "EA deserves everything it gets" then a few sentences later ask why people do it and call people hypocrites.

How many publishers (all of em) use DRM, microtransactions and day one dlc? Barely a peep. When it's a post about EA. OMG EA IS THE EVIL BUTTHURT!

This has been exhaustively explained to you a dozen times by myself and other posters. EA does more of it, they do it to more brands/franchises and are generally in the news more, hence more upset people. When Activision fucks with Guitar Hero, people don't like it. When Activision cashwhores CoD, people don't like it and they talk about it. Activision just has less shit in its wheelhouse and is more of a console related company so people don't have as many things to actually talk about.

Put more simply, people disdain other publishers shitty actions too, there are just a lot less of them to mock. A person can literally write an essay on EAs missteps and poor consumer practices over the past decade. They control a massive chunk of the industry and never seem to really learn from their mistakes, yeah people complain about them. The overwhelming majority of the time it's totally warranted.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2013, 12:55.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo