Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: SimCity EULA to be Fixed Jan 23, 2013, 12:16 NewMaxx

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 11:42:
Nah you're not really being fair about it. It's not a constant stream of complaints about the same old things, EA is just consistently in the news for this sort of thing. etc. etc.

Welcome to how most of the world treats the United States. What's that? We're held to a higher standard because of our place in the world and often act in hypocritical ways that immediately get condemned? These realities apply to EA, too - they're a massive publishing house that largely guides the gaming industry. It's the role of gamers to make sure they remember that.

The only two gaming companies larger are Nintendo and Activision-Blizzard, and you'll note that the latter gets a lot of play on Blue's News comments, too. However this is only because Blizzard is PC-centric, while Nintendo is not. Therefore, the largest singular PC gaming publisher is EA - so it's pretty reasonable to expect they'd be the most-commented brand on the site.

Not that I disagree with you: EA gets a lot of hate, and I've previously backed them up on lawsuit/EULA moves that got slammed on this site but that are pretty reasonable in the industry (including the fact that other, more beloved publishers also instituted identical terms).

However, I must say that when I went to sign up for this beta several days ago, and as a lover of law, I was sure to read the application agreement, and I ended up NOT signing up because of this AND OTHER clauses that are quite clearly written without due diligence/oversight.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2013, 12:22.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo